1. The baby cannot survive independently outside of the womb, therefore I have a right to kill it. If this is true, you could say: “that two year old cannot survive independently, therefore I have the right to kill it.” It’s true, you know it is!
2. That baby mama already has three kids and works two part time jobs and can barely provide for her children, therefore this baby’s life would be miserable, therefore she has the right to kill it. That’s an awful lot of speculation, don’t you think? Its okay to kill someone if part of their life may or may not end up being unhappy?
3. That baby has a debilitating disease, and will have too many struggles to overcome, kill it out of mercy. Wow, way to show those who are currently living in those situations just how much you don’t actually value their lives and accomplishments.
4. I personally wouldn’t have an abortion, but its not my place to tell someone what they can or cannot do. Oh really? I personally wouldn’t kill a Jew, but I wouldn’t stop Hitler because its “his choice”. I wouldn’t personally drive drunk, but I wouldn’t take the keys from my friend who insists on driving because its his choice. I wouldn’t personally strangle puppies, but… You get the picture, a load of bullcrap.
5. I was raped by my father and I don’t want to go through the trauma of having his child. Well its your child too. And there is nothing like getting rid of the evidence of rape so that your rapist gets away with it and will probably do it again. Not to mention that you’re making somebody else pay for the crime of the rapist.
This is just a small sample of the unreasoableness of the
pro-choice pro-abortion position.